Hi and welcome to Jennifer's arts & crafts blog!!

Translate

Thursday 23 August 2012

And summer is over...well, almost!

It is time to think of the upcoming autumn/winter months now and now is the perfect time to knit.
I learnt the basics of knitting when I was in P.5 (year 5 of Primary school), they called it 'Needlework' back then...here is a scarf I recently made. 

I used PomPom turquoise wool bought from a discount store, I find such stores can sometimes stock quite high quality makes of wool....and they are easier on the pocket too!

My own personalised fabric labels      



And, here is another project I have started:

I used purple glittered double knitting wool and a K2P2 pattern to create the 'ribbed' effect as you can see...watch this space for the end result!!     
 


                             *                         *                      *                      *                       *             


Papercraft competition results:

I am pleased to announce that the winner of the papercraft competition (13th July) is
V. Griffiths from Northants.  Many congratulations Virginia - your prize is winging it's way to you shortly!!


                  *                     *                      *                   

No comments:

Post a Comment